Category : Press Releases
Dr. Leon is a Washington, D.C. political scientist whose primary areas of expertise are American government, black politics, and public policy. He’s a frequent guest and fill-in of TV One’s NewsNow with Roland Martin.
For 11 years, he was a lecturer/teaching associate in the Political Science Department at Howard University in Washington, D.C. Currently, Dr. Leon is a nationally broadcast radio talk show host on SiriusXM Satellite radio channel 126, nationally syndicated columnist, and regular political commentator on national and international news programs.
Some additional background:
- In the fall of 2015, Dr. Leon lectured during the “New Horizon: The International Conference of Independent Thinkers” in Tehran, Iran.
- The focus of the conference was “On the Brink: Racial Human Rights Abuse in the US”.
- The conference included more than 30 journalists, writers and academics from around the world who presented papers and articulated issues of world geopolitics.
- While in Tehran, he was invited to be a guest lecturer at the University of Tehran, Sharif University,
University of Esfahan and the Islamic Azad University in Sari. He talked to students, academics and intellectuals and discussed the US/Iran Nuclear deal, Islamic stereotypes in US media, police brutality in the African-American community, President Obama and his Middle East policy and domestic policy.
- Participated in a two-hour meeting with former Iranian President Mahmood Ahmadinejad as part of a small delegation.
- Participated in a number of television programs in Tehran and Sari such as Press TV and New Horizon.