Category : Press Releases
Quincy, Florida’s Freddie Figgers will award $10,000 in scholarships to Quincy/Tallahassee-area graduating high school students interested in careers in software and mobile app development. Theses students will become the first “Hidden Figgers Scholars”.
(Quincy, Fla. – May 22, 2017) Freddie Figgers, the telecommunication entrepreneur and founder of Figgers Communication from Quincy, Fla., today announced the launch of the ‘Hidden Figgers’ Scholarship to recognize 10 outstanding Quincy/Tallahassee-area high school scholars who are interested in pursuing careers in software and mobile app development.
Figgers has become one of the nation’s youngest owners of a telecommunications and manufacturing company. His cellular and home phone services have access to 25 calling features at no cost, advanced communications with flexibility, and mobility.
Ten, $1,000 scholarship will be presented to outstanding graduating high school seniors who are currently attending a Quincy/Tallahassee-area schools. The students must be interested in following the impressive footsteps of Figgers, who at 27, is one of the nation’s youngest owners of a cell phone company, owns eight patents, and was recently recognized on the Tom Joyner Morning Show’s Little Known Black History Facts.
“I have always loved technology and engineering, “said Figgers, who has been repairing computers and building networks since he was nine-years-old. “I want to invest in students who are curious, interested in developing software and mobile apps who just need a little bit of help to pursue their dreams.”
An interested student must meet the following requirements:
- Attend a high school in one of the following northern Florida counties: Leon, Gadsden, Liberty, Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson, Madison and Taylor.
- Will be graduating in Spring 2017
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 confirmed by unofficial transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher addressing student’s work
- Submission of up to a 500-word essay describing the software or mobile app you would like to develop.
- A copy of at least one acceptance letter from a college or university.
All documents for the applications must be submitted online at http://freddiefiggers.com/scholarship by 5 p.m., June 30.