Category : Press Releases
Foote Communications, LLC, a small public relations firm handling busy clients, is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom. At the end of this internship, students will be ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills. It’s essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, strong writing ability, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. This person must be a self-starter and a critical thinker.
- Monitor all forms of media
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Write press releases and other materials
- Screen phone calls
- Assist with mailings, print production
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Search for press clippings
- Create or update databases
- Greet guests and clients
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism