Digital Media Internship Opportunity
PoliticsInColor.com is a nationally recognized web site offering news, commentary and features about politics and current events from a multicultural perspective. It also is a broadband video channel network that is offering originally produced and timely, relevant and provocative content from strategic content partners and contributors from around the world. .
To serve as an intern to report, write, produce stories – print and broadcast – as well update the site with timely multicultural video and written content for the PoliticsInColor.com News Network.
- To monitor local newspapers, news sites, broadcast outlets and blogs for political stories that have a particular multicultural angle or impact the nation’s diverse population.
- To rewrite and do original reporting, producing and editing for a multicultural political news round up, mini-packages capturing local political story angles, e.g. people on the street interview reacting to the candidates; local political rallies; local trends/features that reflect a national issue.
- Coordinate content from contributors; upload as needed
- Find public domain and/or royalty free photos for publication on the website
- To update site daily
- Post content to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- An opportunity to create a “live resume” by showcasing reporting/multimedia skills posted on the website, and potentially distributed to other media around the world.
- The opportunity to assume a position of responsibility.
- Create contacts in the local media industry, as well as, community.
- Work from current campus or hometown.
- Opportunity for your university to showcase talented students to a global audience.
- Get college credit for your work.
- Print/broadcast/journalism experience. Journalism/Broadcast/Electronic News majors preferred, but not required.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Solid grasp of grammar, spelling, punctuation and AP Style.
- Comfort in using digital equipment, such as digital voice recorders, video and still cameras.
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro/Final Cut Express, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Sound Slides or other audio/video editing software.